🇨🇳 It’s almost the Chinese New Year! As we love their culture and the diversity of their cuisine, we will be sharing all week about it. Find today the Egg rolls (or Pâté Imperial, en français)
- 300 g ground chicken
- 20 rice cakes (small size)
- 2 onions, chopped
- 20 g dried black mushrooms
- Sugar (optional)
- 100 g bean sprouts
- 1 grated carrot
- 50 g rice vermicelli
- 1 lettuce
- Sprigs of fresh mint and coriander (optional)
- nuoc mam, sel et poivre
- Soak the mushrooms in warm water for 20 minutes. Drain well and cut into very thin strips. Soak the vermicelli in warm water for 5 minutes. Drain and cut into small pieces.
- Mix together meat, crab, shrimp, vermicelli, mushrooms, onions, bean sprouts and grated carrot. Season with salt, pepper and a little sugar.
- Soak the rice cakes in a mixture of lukewarm, slightly sweetened water and vinegar. Remove immediately and place on a clean cloth. Garnish the moist rice cakes with balls of filling. Carefully roll up and fold over the ends to form a roll of about 8 cm.
- Dry the rolls in hot oil & drain.
Recette réalisée et filmée par Shannon Rolland.